Wednesday, February 18, 2009

dOLIN.


express yourself.

photography.
has become so much more to me than recording an event, a "cool shot", or the product of the perfect exposure and white balance.  To me it is an art form.  I shoot with the intent of capturing raw emotion, or even fabricating some sort of emotion.  I began shooting at the end of february in 08' on a complete whim.  "Photography" and "art" were not of conscious interest to me before then.  I guess you could say I was oblivious to the fact that I actually did have an artistic mind and spirit all along :) 

So for my very first Blog entry.......     love it or hate it, this is some of my art... from 08' til now ;) .........




4 comments:

  1. I love your work! I recently found you on myspace. So did you have any experience before last february with photography at all? Or did it all just come naturally for you? B/c your work is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredible! I am so glad to have stumbled upon you and your art last year. You inspire me everyday. Keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. megan- yer incredible so shut it ;)

    rhendy- i want to say the whole idea of photography hit me (subtly) after visiting an apple orchard in the fall of 07.. my husband took some of the most incredible pictures of our kids with our little point n shoot... just some un-posed pics which was something i had never thought to do. I fell in LOVE with these pictures immediately.. i just couldn't get over the emotion in them. I'm pretty sure we went home and started converting them to b&w, cepia.. crap like that. I think that's probably the experience that sticks out in my mind the most :) aw! I'm so glad you asked that cause I would've never thought to ask myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing... those who have the biggest impact on our lives. They, many times, are those who are closest to us. We thank them by forgetting that without them we are mere souls wandering through life looking for that one person who makes our lives a miserable mess by encouraging our ego to the point that we forget who we are and fail to say thank-you followed by inevitable search for the one we already found. Gotta go... forgot to tell my wife "thank-you..." and pick up my socks. but before I go... thanks for the reminder... forgot he got this whole thing started

    ReplyDelete